Rice cream with curry, prawns and raspberry sauce
Revisit a classic recipe in a simple and creative way, combining different products to create a modern and elegant dish.
- Finely chop the shallots and fry gently in boiling oil until soft but not brown.
- Turn up the heat. Add raspberries, salt and sugar and cook for a minute.
- Simmer with balsamic vinegar and keep cooking over high heat until vinegar starts caramelizing and raspberries falling apart.
- Remove from heat and blend it all with an immersion blender. Strain to remove seeds and make the mixture creamy. Add a tablespoon of sweet mustard. Set aside.
- Use a soup plate to serve; spread a layer of rice cream on the bottom, place over prawns and pour on a few drops of raspberry sauce. Garnish with some sprouts.
- Clean prawns by removing the head, shell and the intestines from the back.
- Place 400 grams of milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add rice, curry, and cook for 15 minutes. In the end, rice should have absorbed all the milk. If it becomes too dry, add gradually some tablespoons of milk while cooking.
- Pour the rice into the beaker and use the hand blender to mix until it reaches a creamy texture, adding the remaining milk if necessary. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place prawns into a pan and sauté with some oil.
VariationsA more classical version of this recipe suggests preparing a classic risotto with prawns by using a fish stock made with the shells of the prawns and the addition of curry while cooking.