This paccheri pasta recipe is so inviting and perfect for a chilly evening!
This baked pasta with pumpkin, parmesan and fried leeks is a delicious, creamy and crunchy dish.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 min
- 240gr Paccheri lisci
- 400gr ricotta cheese
- 700gr pumpkin
- 1 shallot
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 leek
- 200ml seed oil
- 500ml milk
- 50gr butter
- 50gr all-purpose flour
- 180gr grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook paccheri in a large pot of boiling salted water and drain when still firm to the bite. Place in a colander under cold running water to stop the cooking.
- Cut the pumpkin into chunks and cook with the shallot and oil for 20 minutes.
- Press the pumpkin into a bowl and combine with ricotta cheese, adding some salt gradually.
- Fill your paccheri with the mixture using a pastry bag. Place over a tray covered with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on the pasta and add some pieces of butter.
- Cook at 200°C for 15 minutes until golden. Meanwhile, start preparing the Parmesan cream. Heat milk, but avoid boiling. Melt butter in a small pot.
- Add flour and whisk well. Pour warm milk into the mixture and keep mixing to prevent lumps. Let it thicken while mixing over low heat.
- Remove from heat and add grated Parmesan cheese. Stir quickly to melt the cheese. To control the thickness of the cream, cook it for a shorter time.
- Cut the leek into julienne strips. Heat oil in a small pot and fry for 1 minute.
And that's it! Enjoy this delicious and simple dish!